There are many natural and health foods we can eat for stress management. We normally wonder about what kind of healthy salads or vegetables or fruits to eat from a health or weight perspective. However, there is another angle to this; one of stress management. Foods impact stress. If you have stress, eating in a certain way helps to make you calm.
All kinds of fresh fruits and vegetables help greatly in stress management. It is now known that what you eat impacts your mind frame and your thought process impacts your body or health. Someone has rightly said, ‘you are what you eat’. Therefore eating becomes important to even manage your personality. We can make a beginning by putting in the right kind of foods in the body system. We should focus on healthy fruits and vegetables and increase their intake compared to other foods.
The next logical question would be what are the fruits and vegetables which help in physiological and mental stress management? The answer is quite simple. It is all types of fresh fruits and vegetables. However, there are some tips which can help you eat in a balanced fashion without worrying about which exact fruit or vegetable to have.
- Eat colours. In a span of the whole week, try and cover most of the colours through fruits and vegetables; green, orange, red, white, yellow. It does not matter if you are having different fruits or vegetables everyday or even at every meal. We need not worry about specific fruits or vegetables. In fact it is better to have different vegetables and fruits all the time as your body will keep getting different kinds of micro nutrients through the week.
- Citrus or water based fruits and water based vegetables are perfect to have when you are feeling stressed. They are refreshing, healthy and make you feel light. Some of these are watermelon, cucumber, oranges, lemon and so on. Fruits like peaches, pears, plums and grapes are also good.
- Concentrate on eating a wide variety of seasonal vegetables. The greater the variety, the better it is. So have vegetables other than potatoes, peas and tomatoes. Have lots of light green and dark vegetables as well as green leafy vegetables. Find out a good vegetarian diet plan to have.
- Do not have tomatoes every day. Treat it as any other vegetable and have them occasionally. Technically, it is a fruit but do not have them on a daily basis. We tend to flavor everything with tomatoes and use them in salads also. But try and see that you are ‘tomato free’ for at least four days in a week.
- Eat fewer potatoes. In fact you can eliminate them from your diet completely. The lesser the potatoes, the better it is for health. We get enough of starch, carbohydrates and other nutrients from the rest of the food that we have.
Use these guidelines and you will not only become healthy, you will find you will be able to manage stress better. Our balanced diet plans are designed for stress management in addition to being natural and healthy. Take a relevant online diet plan today to be healthy and stress free.