There is a lot of confusion regarding what to eat during pregnancy. There is a whole range and variety of advice and information which comes from society at large. The best person to advise you is your gynaecologist or a certified nutritionist. However some guidelines work for nutrition during pregnancy.
PREGNANCY – WHAT TO EAT
- Eat what is generally healthy. This means fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, locally available fresh foods.
- Eat freshly prepared food as far as possible.
- Eat food which is neither too cold nor too hot. Moderation of temperature of food and liquids is the key.
- Desi cow’s ghee, Chhaas (buttermilk) and cow’s milk is recommended for good health.
- Eat a lot of variety. Keep varying food, vegetables, fruits all the time so that you can get a variety of micro nutrients.
- Have dry fruits in small quantities like walnuts, almonds, dates, apricots, raisins.
Most importantly have the micro nutrient supplement recipes given in the wellzee pregnancy program.