There are various exercise forms which are available. The best way to lose weight & remain healthy is to select an exercise which is suitable for you. Everyday there is some new form of exercise or dance routine which is launched and is claimed to be the next path breaking routine.
However, there are some guidelines for selecting an exercise. An exercise type has to be selected keeping mind your interests, lifestyle and age. Everyone today seems to be headed towards a gym for weight training, treadmills or intense cardio or sports; but this is incorrect.
The following tips will help you decide the right types of activities for you:
- If you are below 30, you may opt for a more intense exercise form like cardio, sports, dance or weight training. However, make sure you gradually build up your intensity of exercise. If you are not used to exercising, you can damage yourself.
- If you are above 25 with a desk job, then brisk walking is ideal. If you want to go to a gym, make sure that you stick to brisk walking or light weights. Anything very intense for first timers above the age of 25 will increase the risk of bone and joint deterioration. The same is applicable to vigorous sports.
- If you are above 40 and starting to exercise, please ensure that no intense activity is done. Weight training is definitely out of the question. The body’s deterioration really accelerates at this time. Yoga is by far the best. Alternatively, you may take up brisk walking.
- If you are 50 and above, you should only do Yoga and / or walk.
- Yoga is the best discipline for all age groups to remain completely fit and healthy. There is enough and more evidence over the ages.